Thursday, February 23, 2012

Easy Camping Meals

Are you having a difficult time finding recipes for meals during your camping adventures? You don't want to bring a ton of ingredients along and too much materials to make meals during your trip, as it will add to the bulk and weight of your camping load. On the other hand, you don't want to have unappealing meals because the meals you have during your camping trip adds to the experience that you will have.

With my many years of camping experience, I have done many trials and errors with different meals to prepare while on a camping trip. My first time on a camping trip, I decided to bring along too many ingredients to prepare meals on the trip. I didn't take into consideration that I could not necessarily prepare meals like I would at home. I ended up not having the right utensils or materials in general to prepare certain meals. I ended up skipping meals and eating a lot of cookies and chips during the trip, because I didn't even think to bring a variety of snacks, as I was depending too much on the meals that I had planned. Needless to say it ruined my trip, as my appetite was not satisfied during my getaway.


With my many trials and errors, I have come up with many different easy camping meals and food items in general to bring along on camping trips. Two easy meals that I like to take along on my trip is a taco salad and pita bread pizza. For the taco salad, I bring along tortilla chips, cheddar cheese, pre cooked hamburger, shredded lettuce, and salsa. You can keep the cheese, hamburger, and salsa in a cooler, than throw everything together for a delicious meal! For the pita bread pizza, all you need is pizza sauce, cheese, pepperoni, and of course pita bread. The sauce can be heated up with your portable stove. A portable stove is a great investment, as many easy but fantastic camping meals can be made out in the wilderness, but a stove is needed in order to heat some of the ingredients up. These two meals are quick, easy, and delicious for camping trips!

Additionally, one of my favorite meals of the day is dinner. I like a good meat, starch, and veggie in every dinner meal. For my camping trips, I like to have a couple different types of meats already cut and put into baggies to throw on the grill for the evenings that I will spend camping. I also pre cut any veggies that I would like to have for dinner and put it in containers until needed. For my starch, I usually pre make rice or mashed potatoes and store it in a container as well.